Hello Guest it is December 06, 2019, 08:42:12 AM

Author Topic: removing programs from pc to help mach run? GER21 comment  (Read 1737 times)

removing programs from pc to help mach run? GER21 comment
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
"Be prepared to remove your anti virus software, quicktime, video editing software, and many others if you want to use your main PC to run Mach3."ger21 quote

I have issues with mach3 locking up my computer. Ground to this or that, doesn't matter. I need to delete these other programs? Can I get a full list?
Thanks
i_r_machinist

Offline Hood

•  25,856 25,856
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: removing programs from pc to help mach run? GER21 comment
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
Acrobat and Quicktime are the two that are known to often cause problems. AV has never been an issue for me but I have only used AVG so other ones could cause issues.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »
I removed adobe and quicktime last night. Also turned off all windows security. I'll run this Friday and see how it goes.
Thanks
i_r_

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,011 8,011
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »
i_r_,

Just an observation, but it is always best to have a dedicated PC, with minimum install, just for Mach and then keep your main PC for the CAD/CAM work etc.
(My machine PC is nothing special, runs XP sp2, and was obtained 'second user' for silly money).

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.