Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:34:13 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Not Cutting The Size I Specifie  (Read 8662 times)

Re: Mach 3 Not Cutting The Size I Specifie
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:25 AM »
i use adobe illustrator and i export all my products to WMF files is that ok/Normal?

??? Sorry buddy but you have lost me here, I am not certain what you are referring to.  ???

Tweakie.

oh sorry this is a new qeustion. everyone seem to talk about dxf files when they export to lazycam i was just wondering if the file type im using WMF is ok or is it putting me rong somehow.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »
i use adobe illustrator and i export all my products to WMF files is that ok/Normal?
Lazycam is dxf file inporter so you will need to convert the dwf to a dxf.  The dxf file contains all the vector info of the entities which  LC uses on inport to define the profile.
Yes there is a image module but there is no support on it's use and the LC manual only covers the mill module with some guidence on the lathe module ( which is replaced by LazyTurn). The magic wands , as i call them, which do raster to vector conversion, rarely provide satisfactory results.

RICH

its just that the dxf files never come out looking the way i designd them and the WMF files in lazy cam are bang on for me

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »
dxf files never come out looking the way i designd them

If done in CAD or CAM they will.
WYSIWYG (WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET)  :D

RICH