Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Calling an outside wizzard.  (Read 3274 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Calling an outside wizzard.
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
Seeing that NFS is not actively adding any new wizzards to the package would it be possible to CALL an outside wizzard from inside NFS. That way the user can expand what the package does. THEN the new Functions could be added to the STACK that NFS creates the Gcode from.

Then you have the best of both worlds. Agreat interaface and added value from outside Wizzards.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Re: Calling an outside wizzard.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
I dont see any way to have the wizards call another wizard in such a modular way.

The problem I ran into in adding functions is the tightly designed screen graphics- that already shows a bit on the main screen where a couple of the later functions have different graphic styles, and are kind of squezed into place.

I am not opposed to adding other features into the main set if there is enough demand for it

With some of the new features promised for V4 it would be possible to do a wizard set like NFS, but with lots more future expansion possibilities. Brian and I have talked about this a lot, and many of the changes to the V4 wizard calling are because of these discussions, and similar topics with the MachStd Mill set. We will see how much can be done.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:51:43 PM by Ron Ginger »