Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:01:08 PM

Author Topic: LazyCam Depth (Very Confused) Im New  (Read 5234 times)

LazyCam Depth (Very Confused) Im New
« on: June 19, 2011, 04:09:21 AM »
Hi all im a newb just brought my first cnc router and am very keen to get started im learning fast and have made a few single cut engravings now im trying to more depth with cut per pass. here is my confusion

i have set up a tool with cut per pass 0.5mm

i have set my layers
rapid height 1.0000mm units
cut start at 1.5000mm units
and cut depth -10.0000mm units i have seen on the forums that you must use the - sign this is confusing me cause the - sign makes the tool go back up instead of going down into the actual work i would have thought if anything it should be +10.0000mm to make the tool come down into the work and start cutting at 1.5mm with a cut per pass of 0.5mm all the way till i have 10mm deep. what am i getting rong here? i am so confused please help.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam Depth (Very Confused) Im New
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:44 AM »
Your setup is not normal. Negative Z value of the quill movement should be into the material. Change by checking in the reverse column for the axis in Config>Homing&Limits.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
Your setup is not normal. Negative Z value of the quill movement should be into the material. Change by checking in the reverse column for the axis in Config>Homing&Limits.

RICH

cool thanks mate. now shes all go.

i also have just found another problem

when i turn the spindle on the x axis wants to start moving all on its own what could make this happen?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
The axis could be seeing noise from the router. Cables should be shielded.
RICH