Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:29:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 & New Vanguard 7200  (Read 4922 times)

Mach 3 & New Vanguard 7200
« on: June 15, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »
Hi All,

I have a New Hermes Vanguard 7200 complete with an IS controller, (normally found on the newer Gravograph IS200's , IS400's, etc.) EP module, Gravostyle 98 and opensys dos.

I find the machine itself is good for my needs, but the controller and especially the software are just not working for me. I've tried VCarve Pro 6 & Engrave Lab and find these programs to be good and a nice upgrade from the other programs listed above.

VCarve & Engrave Lab will run the machine, but I can not control certain functions like dwell, feed rates, z-stroke, etc. from within the programs. I still have to use the Vanguard controllers for these functions.

Can anybody tell me if Mach3 will help me to eliminate the controllers and allow me to go direct between PC and machine?

Any other thoughts or comments would also be welcomed.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 & New Vanguard 7200
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:22:13 AM »
You will still need a controller between the computer and the machine but Mach3 is capable of controlling all the machine functions you will require. However, there is quite a lot of work involved in replacing, modifying or refitting a machine controller and getting it all set up correctly - It is not difficult to do, just takes time.
There are many threads on the forum detailing refits of various machines and perhaps a while reading others experiences may help.

Tweakie.
PEACE