Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:13:27 PM

Author Topic: Display is inverted - zup/zdown backwards  (Read 2627 times)

Offline AndyG

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Display is inverted - zup/zdown backwards
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
Greetings,

Loaded gcode displays inverted. When the image is rotated, and following the X/Y/Z legend in the lower left when the Z is pointing down the zdown comes up from the bottom, and alternately, when the Z is pointing up the  zdown comes down from above. 0,0 is overtop of the lower left extream of the table,  however the axis don't seem to correspond, but seem to be backwards of what actually occurs.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Display is inverted - zup/zdown backwards
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »
I am not fully understanding what you are meaning but when the Z axis is moving up it is moving in a positive direction so the DRO should increase and the display should also move up.

If when you press the Up arrow and the DRO increases and the Toolpath shows upwards movement BUT your axis actually moves down then you need to reverse your axis from Config menu then Homing and Limits.

Hood
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:32:20 AM by Hood »

Offline AndyG

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Re: Display is inverted - zup/zdown backwards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
Hood,

Thank you for your reply. Thank God I came upon the answer to what I had done incorrectly ... I had not put the depth of the Z in negitive value. So, as I looked at the display all the zup's were underneath the workpiece.

Andy