Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:03:46 AM

Author Topic: Need to Modify Keygrabber  (Read 3386 times)

Offline astr

•  30 30
    • View Profile
Need to Modify Keygrabber
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »
I'm finally getting back to attempting to modify Keygrabber but need some help. 

Just a little history:  I use Keygrabber to interface  a Saitek AV8R-01 joystick to Mach3.  The Joystick provides 5 linear controls, the 5th being the twisting of the joystick handle that I use to control the Z-axis on my mill.  It works great but for some reason the configuration for the 5th axis is not saved - the other 4 axes are saved fine.  This glitch requires that I configure Keygrabber every time I start it up.

I suspect it is a minor glitch in the code itself.  As the original author(s) no longer support the program, I decided to try and fix it myself.  I downloaded the source code and it appears to be written in C++.  I'm attempting to locate a C++ compiler, however, I'm told that I will need the specific C++ compiler , along with the corresponding libraries, that was used in the original development.

The easiest way to get this info would be to ask the author(s).  Can anyone put me in contact with them or knows which C++ compiler and version were used?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Need to Modify Keygrabber
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
The Keygrabber author is Les, the author of SheetCAM. You can find him at his SheetCAM forum, or the Mach3 Yahoo group.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »
...And if someone could find out what it would take to fix Keygrabber so that when you shut it down each time you dont have to go to the task manager and kill it, that would be good too...!
  DaveA.

Offline astr

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »
The Keygrabber author is Les, the author of SheetCAM. You can find him at his SheetCAM forum, or the Mach3 Yahoo group.

Thanks Gary.  I'll try to contact Les there.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:39 AM »
If we are adding awish list top keygrabber... mine would be that its doesn't loose comms with the xbox controller when it hibernates :) Xbox will wake up but mappings associated to keygrabber seem to drop out.