Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:01:32 AM

Author Topic: Weird stalling... :(  (Read 4339 times)

Weird stalling... :(
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Hi

I have a 4 axis TB6560 driver board and 4 motors.
The X axis has another motor slaved.
Everything works except that the Y axis is stalling horribly!
and if I remove the slaved motor from the system, every motor starts stalling.
It's the same situation if i put the slaved motor on the Y axis, then the X axis won't work.
There has been no problems with the Z axis except for when not having the slaved motor in the system.
The PC should be able to make it.. 2.8GHz Pentium 4 and a 128mb graphics ard.
The driver test came up OK.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Weird stalling... :(
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
Post info on the following:
-Driver board
- motor info and how wired
- power supply ...voltage  and available amps
- your XML file

RICH

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »
blue chinese TB6560 driver board
wiring and motors seem to be fine.. because it works with every motor except for the X or Y axis' motor when it has not got a slaved motor..if every motor is on its own then all of them except the Z axis motor stalls...
the power supply is 24v and 14A

XML: http://pastebay.com/125369

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Might be the license file.. does it your name in it?  Illegal license files can randomly screw up pulsing that way..
 If its in your name thats probably not it though..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
FredduMoi,
Busted  software and the nerve to ask for help.............
SO WHAT SAY YOU?

RICH

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
wiring and motors seem to be fine.. because it works with every motor except for the X or Y axis' motor when it has not got a slaved motor..if every motor is on its own then all of them except the Z axis motor stalls...

It sounds like the same problem I had the other night. If you check out the pins on the Datasheet and Mach3 configuration instructions. (A link is on my website http://whatisacnc.com/driver-board/tb6560/) you will notice that the Pin-out for that board is a bit nutty and it conficts with Mach3.
They are using pin#1 as an Enable pin for one of the motors when Pin#1 is reserved.
You may have more luck with EMC, also I notioced the Red TB6560 driver board assembly found on Ebay works better and has a better pinout.
Also Mach3 does offer a trial version of the software if that is true and the software your using is pirated, at least you can test and see if things work properly using the trial version. I think that the company selling the Blue TB6560 sends a Disk with Mach3 on it, so it maybe pirated. Just uninstall the trial software and give it another try, if your still having the trouble it is probably because of the Pinout.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »

I also wanted to note that the wattage needs consideration here.
If you have three motors at 2.3A each requiring 12V the wattage needed is 82.80. Your power supply may not supply all the power need by your motors, although you should be alright.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »
Just wondering what you are meaning by
when Pin#1 is reserved.

Hood