Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:07:01 AM

Author Topic: Can Ipac only be used via ps2 with keygrabber?  (Read 5503 times)

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Can Ipac only be used via ps2 with keygrabber?
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:05:12 AM »
I am using a Mini Ipac that is not equipped with a ps2 connector.

After much frustration,Have read elsewhere that the keygrabber ipac prograqmming utility only works via the ps2 connector.

I have tried a usb to ps2 adapter plug on the usb lead & the programming utility throws a crc error.

Via the usb port keygrabber is unable to establish a link with the Ipac.

I also have problems entering codes into "hid keys" on keygrabber. Will work if I enter hid keys under "keyboard keys", but without being unable to program the keygrabber with enough non conflicting codes, I cannot make use of this either.

Will it be best to get Ipac2 & ps2 cable?

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks, Don

Re: Can Ipac only be used via ps2 with keygrabber?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
Don-

I'm also facing this problem. I bought a new Ipac2 and need to use KeyGrabber to program it.

But even on an XP machine using the PS2 port, I still get a CRC error.

Where you ever able to get your Ipac2 programmed from KeyGrabber, and if so how did you do it?

Thanks,

Paul T.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:49:50 AM »
i had used an ipac on a mill conversion. i did not use keygrabber. used scream4 and created my own shortcut keys. then programmed the ipac to input buttons . it worked out very well. one thing you must do is  install a small cap between the inputs and ground. i had  intermittent estops . dont remember the cap value. there is a post on the yahoo group about the ipac.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
TripleBlack, thanks for that info. I also had the noise problem on my original Ipac, putting a 0.1uf capacitor on each input to ground fixed it, they should just put those on the iPac in the first place, or a least have the holes on the board so its easier to put on those parts.

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will be returning to the project when it gets warmer in the workshop.

I am also going to try a touch screen computer to reduce the need for extra inputs. The problem is , it has windows 7 so I don't know if it will work as well. (have smoothstepper installed.

I then have 2 more mach projects in hand. Denford Mirac & triac which should be more straightforward.

Don.

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:19:33 AM »
Should be programmable like the original ipacs via a keyboard connected to the through port.

Fire up notepad and type CTRL-ALT-P on the keyboard connected to the Ipac.