Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:57:47 PM

Author Topic: Random Estoping Kinda  (Read 6350 times)

Re: Random Estoping Kinda
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
update,

if i set the z inputs to be active low (which is backwards to how they are wired) the L.E.D.'s are lit in the diagnostics screen as expected. but the strange thing is now i can clear the estop and jog the machine. yes i typed that right, i can clear the estop and jog the machine with 3 led's lit in the diagnostics page i attached a video of this happening. just a note this a slow jog, the feed rate gets locked to 80ipm. even when jogging i cant get a rapid speed (which is 450-550ipm). haven't tried to run a code with this error.

The the video is at the buildyourcnc.com/forum, had to move here because i cant seem to get an iphone video which is a .mov file, to post on the artsoft mach 3 forum. Here is the link

http://www.buildyourtools.com/forums/index.php?f=9&t=1554&p=7114&rb_v=viewtopic#p7114

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Sorry been in Hospital and Internet availability has been patchy at best so not been on the last few days. Can you now attach the xml you currently have as no point in looking at one thats now irrelevant. Can you also say how your switches are wired.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
tonight i had cut a dozen parts out and all a sudden the jogging stopped working. more like the keyboard was disabled, but there motors are holding torque. now my computer is saying that the parallel port driver is missing and wont reinstall. so going to store today to finally get a new pci card. and just a side note just after this had happened mach crashed and burned for the first time, all the dro Numbers turned to letters??? weird! so perhaps all my problems have been with the pci card? will update later.