Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:03:34 PM

Author Topic: CNC Keys version 2 sneek peek.........  (Read 19675 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: CNC Keys version 2 sneek peek.........
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 05:20:15 AM »
with the pokeys 10.6.4 plugin is only for the Old style original PK USB  (the 55T).

the CNC keyboard is on an I2C bus, and that can only be set on the New PKU or PKE...

When you enable the 'Enable mapping to matrix keyboard' in PoKeys configuration application, the new CNC keyboard works the same as there would be a matrix keyboard connected to PoKeys. Plugin should not see the difference at all.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
unfortunately, not completely true, the CNC keys even though you can see the presses (and then only on the New PKU, and PKE, the old PKU 55T did not have a working I2C bus that handled the cnckeys that was integrated with the plugin I did. The CNC keys have only been mapped to Mach3 cnc functions on the New PKU/PKE, the older plugin (mine), also did not have matrix keys mapped for you to CNC functions, I only did that for limited OEM Matrix Key pad units, for the CNC keys that I did for Aurturo.

So summery is this:
New PKU/PKE Plugin (the one Brian is doing),have the I2C CNCkeys mapped already to mach3 CNC functions.
Old PKU (55T), (Stock plugin the one I did), does NOT have (CNC keys mapped the ones boris did based on my designs) to native Mach3 functions, (but I did do some OEM specific ones, that where not general release, based on the CNC Matrix keys I did for Aurturo), further, the (CNC keys, boris') do NOT use the same matrix order layout UserLED mapping that the standard Matrix Keys that mapped to ULEDs that I did.
I did standard Matrix keys layout in left to right, top to bottom, in a large 16 columb x 8 row grid.
the new CNCkey order (that boris did), layout does some weird up/down per 2 columbs, and in/out type of stuff (see manual).

Scott

fun times
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 09:28:42 PM »
Is there a setup file for CNCkeys? Its crazy to have everyone go nuts to set up every key and led.
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »
Is there at least somekind of guide how to program all the buttons? Manual doesn't particularly cover it.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
Old stuff you rolled your own, or paid someone (like me, that did some for some OEMs) to do it for you.
New plugin that Brian is doing those functions are mapped already for you.

other than that, your own your own.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
Is there at least somekind of guide how to program all the buttons? Manual doesn't particularly cover it.

The buttons, (and LED's),  are automatically configured in Mach once it's hooked up. I actually BRIEFLY had mine working and it was awesome.
I'm not exactly sure what I did to get it working or why it stopped working but....guess we'll have to wait for the new plug-in.

A bit off topic but, I did notice that my new pokeys 56U does NOT have a battery in the allocated space for one on the board....
Is this normal?  If not, does anyone know what size/style should be in there?

Marc
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »
Thanks Marc!

Think section 8 of manual says that battery is for future use only and one shouldnt be put in there.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
battery is for future use only and one shouldnt be put in there.

Thanks !!

Marc
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »
Hello,

i have already bought the new Po-Keys CNC Keyboard and the Po-Keys56U, i use the newest Software and Plugin from the PoLoabs Homepage.
I have configured the Keyboard for Map to the Matrix Keyboard an create a hole bunch of Hotkeys and implemented this Hotkeys invisible into my
Mach3 Screen.
But there are some issues, how can i use the LED on the Keyboard, if is select the "Z" Axis with the Z butten the i want that LED comes up.

The Description for this Keyboard or the Support is not really useful. So many open questions.

Thank You All.

Greets Reini

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 01:53:45 AM »
Hello,

i have already bought the new Po-Keys CNC Keyboard and the Po-Keys56U, i use the newest Software and Plugin from the PoLoabs Homepage.
I have configured the Keyboard for Map to the Matrix Keyboard an create a hole bunch of Hotkeys and implemented this Hotkeys invisible into my
Mach3 Screen.
But there are some issues, how can i use the LED on the Keyboard, if is select the "Z" Axis with the Z butten the i want that LED comes up.

The Description for this Keyboard or the Support is not really useful. So many open questions.

Thank You All.

Greets Reini

As far as I know, Brian is working hard to fully support the keyboard in the next plugin version.

Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope