Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:32:53 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch reset  (Read 3258 times)

Limit switch reset
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:45:33 PM »
Hi all, I have just finished building my CNC Router ( check it out here http://web.mac.com/dacostad ) and in the process of adding my limit/ home switches.

I have a simple question - when an axis hits a limit switch, I have to hit reset and move the axis away from the switch (I have auto override set to on).  I have to reset at least twice to get it off the axis but I guess I need to change the debounce setting which is currently zero.  However, my problem is that to reset the axis I have to remember what way to turn my shuttlepro or what arrow key to hit and would like to just hit a button and have the axis move away a safe distance say 1".  Now I know the direction it has to move will depend on which end of the axis it is (each axis has a limit at each end wired in series, seperate pin per axis), but I figure that can be figured out depending on the value of the DRO.  Is something like this possible and if so how?

Thanks

David
Re: Limit switch reset
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »
There is a limit over ride button on the settings page. Press that and you can get off the limit switchs :) I think it is also covered in one of the video's that we have on the webpage.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com