Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:18:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 locking computer up  (Read 2703 times)

Mach 3 locking computer up
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »
Hi all-

I am having a strange problem with Mach, and I need help figuring out what is causing it.

I am using a used Dell Optiplex computer, that is not connected to the internet.  So it has the barebone programs installed on it.  I was using this computer for my flame cutter, and then I decided to change the gearboxes to 30 to 1.

Now I have everything back together, and I am trying to get back to a runnning condition.

Whenever I start Mach, the computer locks up.  I turned the task manager on, and was watching the resources tab as Mach loaded.

The resources showed that the computer was using 100%, then it would just hang up.

Any ideas?

can I just install a new upgraded version of Mach, overtop of the existing version?

Would this erase all of the existing setup conditions?

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 locking computer up
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
What I would probably try at first would be go into device manager and delete the Mach driver. Then open the Mach folder and double click the driver test and let it run, that should reinstall the driver again.

Installing a new version of Mach is normally just a case of installing overt the top of the old version. Personally I prefer to backup the config (xml file) and any custom  screens/macros etc that I have just in case something happens. It never has for me but suppose its when you dont have things backed up that things do go wrong ;D

Hood
Re: Mach 3 locking computer up
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »
Hood-

I think I found the problem. 

When I was trying to fix my servo drives, I was tinkering with the Parallel ports, and I changed 1. 

I could/ can open any of the stock MACH profiles, but as soon as I opened the one I made the changes to, MACH locks up.

So I am not sure if I either entered the wrong parallel port address, or one of my parallel ports died.

I am not sure which one it is, but I switched to a second computer and I could get movement.

Is there a way to delete the #2 parallel port address from the profille I was using, so that I can get all the information from that profile?

thanks for all the help

Steve