Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:29 AM

Author Topic: Getting keygrabber to work  (Read 2653 times)

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Getting keygrabber to work
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
I have spent many hours trying to get keygrabber to translate keys & to run the ipac (MinIpac) programming utility.

With the Ipac plugged into the usb, I get the unable to communicate message.
Via the ps2 keyboard connector, programming proceeds until near the end & I get a crc error.

I have tried numerous times to translate keycodes via the ipac keys & the keyboard & then typed into the the MDI command line but the characters come through unaltered no matter what I enter into keygrabber.

Tried 2 computers & 2 different downloads of Mach3. Windows xp. Entered  keygrabber in mach shortcut

Can anyone help     Regards,   Don

I am also having difficulty getting the MiniPac shift key to work butmanaged it on someone elses machine with Ipac2. Keygrabber or programming would not work with that one either (usb---same computer & windows)

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Re: Getting keygrabber to work
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »
Ok, Got keygrabber to work on keyboard. I had been tesing it by changing numeric values & entering into MDI. All that happened is that the entry key stopped working, but when I translated to f10 & f11, by pressing the 1 & 2 keys, the feedrate increased & decreased as it was supposed to.

Still drawing a blank with the MinI-pac. Programming codes using the WinIpac utility is very unpredictable & still not able to get any response from keygrabber.

Don