Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:30:06 PM

Author Topic: Uneven Spindle pulsing during Axis movement  (Read 5536 times)

Uneven Spindle pulsing during Axis movement
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:46:25 AM »
Hello,
I have a problem running foamcutter (4 motors) on Win7. We are using Spindle output for wire temperature (using just step signal on pin 14, as we have F2V converter after it). What happens is strange, when we set the temp, we get proper pulsing on Pin14 and the wire temp is constant. When we move the axis manually or by G-Code, pulsing becomes uneven and the wires become under heated.
Is there any easy solution for this issue, maybe some missed config or so... Please help

Thanks in advance.
Re: Uneven Spindle pulsing during Axis movement
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:23:48 AM »
No one knows the answer? Maybe it has something with LPT config in bios or so? I know that new computers have very pore signal control, but maybe there is a cure...

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »
You really need an o'scope to see if the signal out of the PC is changing or if you have a different problem. It could be the motors are causing interference with your heater control?
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
Hi Azrael,

Had same issue with axis movement. Had to lower down the pulsing engine to 25000Hz to get it stable and work done. Speed or accuracy will be poorer but will work.
I am studying the issue why this happens. Pulsing engine does not work properly varying the frequenzy all the time.
Doupts also about the interface board, due changing the computer & operating system the problem is still there. (win7 not tuned up for the system)
My system is dedicated and tuned to Mach3 and disconnected to network to avoid unnessessary updates.
Last week I had to revitalize my windowXP due some hard disk failures and propably some tunings were resetted?
damn.. i miss those proper cutting speeds.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
Great post very interesting.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:29 AM »
HI All,

I managed to track the root cause for my problem; brush/spindle speed controller failure.
These elements formed strong EMI which affected to break out board to jam occasionally.
Now after some extra protection I am driving the system with 250kHz pulsing speed, good accuracy, acceleration and speed.
damn it took time to find that sparking error source.