Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:00 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper "External EStop Requested" after "Tool Path Display" Motion !  (Read 21418 times)

andrewm

Glad to hear you got it working.

If it crops back up again you may want to look into a PCI video card, you would not need anything higher then 128mb and those go for cheap on places like newegg
Hello all together,

I actually tested Greg's idea and changed the timeout of the watchdog from 0.5 to 3.1 (max possible).

The problem is solved  :)

I am glad that it is working now!

Greg thank you very much for the detailed help. I only wished the so callled german support would act like you did.  ::)
I am sorry that they were not able to help.  I really don't expect them to know the inner details of the SmoothStepper.  So please don't be hard on them!  In fact, it took me a few days until it hit me what it was.

Greg
Hello,

I think I have the same problem than above :

I have a really big G-Code to load into Mach3, but I have a External EStop Request due to Wachdog timeout, I increased the Timeout value to max in the plugin config.
This helps on a smaller version from the file, but I thinks it is to big now.

- I have to display the toolpath
- My computer is a little slow, but I can't change it for now, but it work nice for milling, only have this "loading" issue.

Could the smoostepper's watchdog not be desactivated during file load ? or be activated only during milling ?

Thanks,

Jérôme
Hi Jérôme,

This was fixed in the latest plugins:

USB: http://warp9td.com/files/SmoothStepper_v17f.zip
Ethernet:  http://warp9td.com/files/ESS_v10fb2.zip

I am confident that these plugins will fix the problem, but if it doesn't please let me know.

Thanks,

Greg
Hi Greg,

I installed the latest Ethernet plugin (10fb2) but I still have the problem.
Exactly the same appends when I regenerate the toolpath.

If it can helps you, I could make a small film, just tell me.

Thanks,

Jerome
Hi Jérôme,

Are you 100% positive you are running the new plugin?  Please delete every other SmoothStepper plugin in the Mach3\PlugIns folder.  Then when you run Mach and it won't be able to find the plugin you were using before, and it will ask you which plugin you want to use.  I am guessing that you had previously checked the box that says "Don't ask me again".  Alternatively you could select the pulldown menu "Function Cfg's", and then "Reset Device Sel..." and it will ask you which plugin you want to use the next time you run Mach.

Greg
I apologies... You are absolutely right, Mach3 was still using the old one.
All is right now !!

Thanks for fast reply,

Jérôme
Any updates or fixes for this problem?
I just got a new machine from Velox and sure enough....I have the same problem. My old machine ran fine but for some reason this one is acting up.
Everything works fine and jogs even homes properly BUT as soon as I run the G-code I get the same message....

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
You need to provide more information. What version of Mach3 are you using, what version of the SS plugin? What sort of PC? What is the length of the program you are loading. Can you attach your XML file here so others can look for problems?
Happy machining , Jeff Birt