Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:02:13 PM

Author Topic: Motors Syncrony Speeds  (Read 2353 times)

Motors Syncrony Speeds
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:59:04 AM »
Hi there!
This problem is about speed synchrony of x and y-axis.
First of all, to move the x-axis and y -axis  I am using two racks with pinions of different pitches. My y-axis has a larger diameter gear, so one revolution of the motors gives larger movements than one of the x-axis.
Additionally, I have calibrated all three axes, so that one inch in Mach3 corresponds exactly to one inch of real movement.

When testing velocities and accelerations independently, both work very steady even with speeds of 1000 ipm, I am setting both axis at lower speeds and also works perfectly, when moving axes independently. However, if I move form GO X-30.0 Y-10.0 to G X 30 Y 10 motors start making sounds like one of the were stopping the other one. I think x-axis motors are stopping from moving faster my y-axis-motor.  Moreover, if I move from G0 X-20.0 Y-20.0 to G0 X20.0 Y 20.0 also movement is still steady.
Is there any way to calibrate these speeds? Do I have to change one pinion so both have the same pitch?

I will appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thank You very much.

Intarsica
Re: Motors Syncrony Speeds
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
You do not have to change the pinions to match, they can be different.
What is you current Steps per unit ? Inch or MM ?
Your resolution (Steps Per) could possibly to very low ?
If so, try to increase the resolution of each axis by utilizing the microstepping in the drives if available.
Assuming you are using steppers of course.

Russ
Motors Syncrony Speeds
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
I am using inches as units,
My current steps are:
x-axis 625.6152166
y-axis 416.858

I have been moving these numbers to obtain better results, however i have had no better results.

is there a relationship between steps and the perimeter of pinions?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You
Intarisica