Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:17:00 PM

Author Topic: set up  (Read 3912 times)

set up
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:28:30 PM »
Hi
got a taig with xylotech  4 axis controller, settin' it up , having problems , the nc files files appear to be scaled down in the graphic screens and when I was running them, tried scaling at the dro's but some of the geometry gets screwed up, then I discovered in the settings screen above the reset button the axis calibration.hooked up a indicator on x and y axis and movement was for .100" only .0075 so i accepted the new steps per unit , tried it again looked better but circles are oval and some other strange things happening,
only running the trail mach3 version , is that the problem? need some help

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: set up
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:16:22 AM »
I don't think the trial version is your problem. Did you scale each axis? Hit enter after you entered your value on each axis? I only ask because scaleing one axis and not the other would cause this I would think. Have you done the math for your motor tuning? I would double check this first.

Hope this helps,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 09:04:12 AM »
Yes, I just wanted to confirm. If I scale one Axis and not the other it does as you described. I though it would, but now I'm certain. I'm running version 2.0.017. The scaling looks to be working as it should. :)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
You need to set the steps per unit under the Motor Tuning. Or you can use the Calc steps per unit Calulator on the settings page...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:31:56 PM »
Thanks
 did the motor fine tuning and things look  a lot better