Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Author Topic: Need rommendations for PK55 based pendant  (Read 3163 times)

Need rommendations for PK55 based pendant
« on: May 20, 2011, 08:59:41 AM »
Hi,

Last week I got my first PK55. Love it's functionality so far. I am planning to build a pendant with it for a 30 x 20 ft oxy/fuel cutter. The length of cable from pendant to control box would be 40 ft. Should I run a 30 wire cable from the pendant to the control or install the PK55 in the pendant and run the 40 ft USB cable with the E-Stop line to the control box. I am going to use MPG, LCD, E-Stop, FRO pot and a bunch of control buttons on the pendant.

Zafar
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:01:18 AM by zafarsalam »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Need rommendations for PK55 based pendant
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
Zarfar,

I would recommend the multi conductor cable, since after about 15' you need a USB amplifier, it may suck more to do it that way........  another option would be consider the PKE (it is ether driven, thus longer range of ethernet, but plugin is not done, but if you set it up for modbus, you can run it native that way).

scott
fun times

Offline Tekno

•  24 24
  • http://www.teknoelektronik.com
    • View Profile
    • teknoelektronik web site turkiye istanbul
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
Dear zafar

I've tried  There was a problem.Apply all the buttons opto isolated TLP521  Use insulated cable 30 to50 meters no problem works

30 meter cable from my pcb. there is no problem 2mX4 meter plasma machine not noise  works beautifully

tekno

Stepmotor Stepmotordriver Torch Height control
Plasma machine build   step& servo Controls
THC design  PCparallelport breakoutboard
Plasma Application, Mach3 torch height control
USB Pentant Usb control  breakoutboard
Foam Cutter Machines
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:55:45 PM »
Thank you Tekno. I'll give it a try. Knowing that somebody has already done it gives me confidence.

Zafar

Dear zafar

I've tried  There was a problem.Apply all the buttons opto isolated TLP521  Use insulated cable 30 to50 meters no problem works

30 meter cable from my pcb. there is no problem 2mX4 meter plasma machine not noise  works beautifully

tekno