Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:48:03 AM

Author Topic: Motor enable signal  (Read 3494 times)

Motor enable signal
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:41 AM »
I am using a Halo driver board for my CNC router.  This board requires an enable signal from the computer in order for the steppers to run.  On the "ports and pins" setup screen there are several enable signals that can be configured, but I can't find any documentation as to how they operate.  Obviously, I want an enable signal to be present when running a g-code program, but I also need it to be there for jogging, etc.  How do I configure Mach3 to generate this enable signal and to have it act the way I want it to.
Thanks,
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motor enable signal
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53:19 AM »
The enables are simply an output that switch on and off and it is the reset that controls them. In other words when the reset is flashing in Mach the enables are not present, when you take Mach out of reset they are active.

There are 3 enables and they switch on one at a time with a short delay between them, this was done I believe to help people that were having issues with drives with separate power supplies as the surge from all 3 on at the same time tripped the breakers. It is just a very short delay and you likely not notice it, but of course you dont even need to use all 3, I just use one to enable all my drives.
Hood