Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:49:14 PM

Author Topic: Ghost in the room  (Read 5288 times)

Offline SMA

•  68 68
    • View Profile
Ghost in the room
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
Hello All,

I am having a really tough time with Mach.  I am new to the program but understand the basics.  The Machine Jogs well and in the direction indicated on the jog keys and will home evertime using the Load Material Key.  The issue is running code.  Though the first line should move the machine forward (away from limit switches) it actually moves opposite.  It seems like evertime I run the same bit of code I get a new response.  Conflicting hardware?  A ghost?  Can't figure it?

Thanks

Offline SMA

•  68 68
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost in the room
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »
On closer inspection DRO's indicate moving positive but in real life it is moving back ? 

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »
You can reverse the axis with Config > Homing/Limts and checking the "Reverse" column.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline SMA

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »
Thanks Gerry,

I am aware of the settings as I have had to go through them carefully around 20 times now.  Think I have them memorized ;)

I shut everything down and restarted computer and Voila she is running fine.  Finally !

I am semi convinced that the Computer is the issue or the controller.  Super fresh install of xp 32bit sp3 plus updates.  1.5gb ram 3.2ghz processor. 
Tuned for performance with everthing shut down.  What makes me of this mind is the Fan does run contiuously at times and usually when not much going on.  Comp is super clean inside.  Cleaned her out 4 days ago, wrote over ubunto with xp at same time. 

Could be bluetooth adapter, wireless adapter.
Very little softare: adobe reader, mach, mozilla, and that is about it.  .

I thought maybe there were some definite no no's when it comes to Hardware and Mach.   
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
Thanks Gerry,

I am aware of the settings as I have had to go through them carefully around 20 times now.  Think I have them memorized ;)

I shut everything down and restarted computer and Voila she is running fine.  Finally !

I am semi convinced that the Computer is the issue or the controller.  Super fresh install of xp 32bit sp3 plus updates.  1.5gb ram 3.2ghz processor. 
Tuned for performance with everthing shut down.  What makes me of this mind is the Fan does run contiuously at times and usually when not much going on.  Comp is super clean inside.  Cleaned her out 4 days ago, wrote over ubunto with xp at same time. 

Could be bluetooth adapter, wireless adapter.
Very little softare: adobe reader, mach, mozilla, and that is about it.  .

I thought maybe there were some definite no no's when it comes to Hardware and Mach.   

Someone had a similar problem when a USB memory stick was left connected - if your bluetooth is a USB dongle type - maybe that's the problem?

ATB
Derek
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"

Offline SMA

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
It is a USB type.  Going to disconnect it. It was for a wireless keyboard but I would rather use a plug in keyboard.

Any others out there with warnings about hardware/software conflicts.  They can be serious time killers as they are very hard to track !

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
Get rid of acrobat reader. If you need to read .pdf's, try Foxit reader or something similar.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline SMA

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Gone !  Thanks. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
Some people have also had issues with some wireless networks, I tried a USB one as a test and it was fine but I prefer to use wired connections for most things.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »
I just downgraded to a Dell Optiplex GX 270. I heard that Dells were fairly good for running Mach 3. I wanted an Intel processor as I have had nothing but problems with the AMD that the last computer had. I have left a usb thumb drive connected before while running Mach 3 and I've had the computer freeze up where a reboot was the only thing that would get things going again. The same happened with a usb network adapter. So basically I had a Windows XP Professional install disk with SP 2 on it and I installed just that with no other drivers but Mach 3 running. I even had problems with the network driver that goes with the Dell GX 270. My experience is minimal if not any extras on the controller computer. No usb anything connected unless it is something that is supported by Mach 3. I'm using a wireless XBox 360 controller as a MPG and haven't any problems so far. If you need to go online or run CAD CAM software best bet is a separate computer for that.

Eric