Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:49:22 AM

Author Topic: cut rectangle wizard  (Read 9619 times)

cut rectangle wizard
« on: November 28, 2006, 05:06:03 PM »
Hi All,

in the cut rectangle wizard  if i  do a inside rectangle ,spindle set to cw ,conventional milling the toolpath is clockwise but it also follows a large arc which goes out of the work piece drawn on the screen then when it finally get on course its on the wrong side of work piece.can make it follow correctly by editing the G42  to G41 but it is still goes anti clockwise.if i do the same inside rectangle climb milling it follows correctly just that it goes clock wise.but all in all i think that mach 3 and the new fangled wizards are brilliant and amazing value for money.

Andy
Re: cut rectangle wizard
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:12:13 AM »
It is on the list that I have going... I have to finish a few things that I am working on and I will spend a day just fixing little bugs. So if you see more please post them

Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
hi  dont know  if  this has been  noted  but i tryed to use cut rectangle as the first wizard  to create a block 22mm x 37mm  this was to be cut from a pice of 20mm thick plastic  i notice that the wizard automaticly put in  lead in  and lead out   on  running  the code it does  good  job of ramping tool down as it cuts  out the block but when  reaches corret  depth it then trys to drive tool  through the full depth of material as it does the lead  out

if i set  grove mode  the it retracts  ok  but still does the lead in    this is the same if  cut inside  or outside

is there any  way  to  turn  off  lead ins 
regards  Bill
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:36:08 PM »
Can't turn off the leadins besause it needs them for Comp.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Brian,

Have you had any time to do a little cleanup on any of the New Fangled Wizards??? (gentle nudge ;D)

David
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:10:55 AM »
Yes, there is work being done on the wizards at this time :)

He should have some new stuff out at some point...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »
Brian,

I meant to tell you that the ramp feature in the circular pocket wizard is awesome! I've done a million pockets one step at a time and the spiral approach is superb in concept. I'm looking for an excuse to try it out! I just don't have anything to machine right now. Having it in rectangular pockets will be great too.

Thanks,

Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »
Okay, I am done !

Check it out , it is in there ;)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
That's just FM! (Freakin' Magic!)

But where do I download it from? I can't seem to find it.

Update: It was already in Mach 2.0.040. So where would I find it for future mods? Or does it always some built into Mach?

Mike

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:13:20 PM by mikep_95133 »
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
It is in the newest version of Mach3 :)

www.machsupport.com