Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:36 AM

Author Topic: CNC4PC??  (Read 9370 times)

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
CNC4PC??
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:09:34 PM »
I saw a thread about buying Mach and having it not be a legit copy. Has anyone purchased Mach from CNC4PC? If so what was your experience. I dont mind paying Artsoft 175.00 if the 145.00 deal is not worth it. I do realize the value of Mach, but I am also on an extreme hobbiest budget due to unemployment.

thanks in advance

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CNC4PC??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
I dont know Arturo (CNC4PC)  personally and have never bought any of his products but I find it very hard to believe that Arturo  would even consider selling pirate versions of Mach let alone actually do it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
I saw a thread about buying Mach and having it not be a legit copy. Has anyone purchased Mach from CNC4PC? If so what was your experience. I dont mind paying Artsoft 175.00 if the 145.00 deal is not worth it. I do realize the value of Mach, but I am also on an extreme hobbiest budget due to unemployment.

thanks in advance

I am sure that CNC4PC is not selling Pirate copies. I sell it cheaper and I'm not a pirate either.

http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

Cheers,

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline eq007

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Thank you for the quick replies. I will feel a bit better about taking advantage of one of the discounts now!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
I have purchased a Mach3 license from CNC4PC and have had no problems. I did send CNC4PC an email regarding the lower price of Mach3 and he said that sometimes vendors get a discount.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
CNC4PC/Arturo is a 100% legitimate Mach re-seller.  You can buy from him with complete confidence.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
I purchased Mach3 from Arturo and had a problem with the file I downloaded (not CNC4PC's problem) I sent and e-mail to Artsoft and they sent me the fix.  I have had other dealings with CNC4PC and all I can say is that everything I have done with them has had a good outcome.  I believe they are an honest upright company.  When i was getting started I used their BOB and Arturo exchanged a dozen e-mails with me helping me figure out what I was doing incorrectly.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
I have purchased items from them - they're great to do business with.
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
still working for me, their hardware is great also

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
Speaking as a Mach reseller myself, we are not 'supposed' to discount the license cost unless we agree to provide all the technical support or it is part of a package with a machine. For example if I am an OEM I might be making machines that use Mach and the end user may not even realize that as it could be a completely customized machine/application. Or I might be an OEM selling more conventional mills, lathes, routers and the first place my customer will come for support is me. Since I would be selling Mach as part of the whole machine package and I'm assuming a great deal of the support burden a discount is appropriate and and makes sense.

How fair is to the guys at ArtSoft to undercut them AND stick with with all the support costs? How fair is it to the buyer to get a dirt cheap product license but get no support from the place you bought it from? How fair is it to all the resellers that actually follow the rules?

Sorry to rant but this, it is one item that really bugs the crap out of me. I don't think these cut throat pricing tactics wind up being good for anyone, the consumer included.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt