Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:14:48 AM

Author Topic: Demo Gcode  (Read 205842 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Demo Gcode
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »
I have added a couple more horse outline engraving Gcode files to the .zip folder also a reworked Chucks Deer V-Carve Gcode (which is just less than the 500 lines).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »
Hello Everyone. After looking at this forum for a while I have decided to join. I am almost done with my home made router CNC. I would like to know about the Gcode files that are available in the first post. I still have the demo mode so I know that I am limited to 500 lines or less. When looking at the free G code in the first post how do I know what material thickness and Z depth that the code calls for. I am wanting to test out my machine with one of these samples. Thanks in advance.
Robert

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

The demo Gcodes are all about learning how to use Mach3 and understanding Gcode so you are starting out on a great adventure my friend.

As an example, load Alien.tap. You will notice that the Gcode contains a G20 which tells us that the code has been written in Imperial (Inch) units. Click on Toolpath (Alt-4) and you will see the ‘Program Limits’ which tells us that the image size will be X Range + / - 2.4605” and Y Range + / - 3.4136” with a cut depth of 1/8”. These dimensions can be easily altered by returning to the Program Run screen and altering the Scale DRO’s – a value of 1.0000 is full size, a value of 0.5000 is half size, a value of 2.0000 is double size and so on. After changing a Scale DRO press ‘Enter’ (CR) then ‘Regen. Toolpath’. Returning to the ‘ToolPath’ screen will show the revised ‘Program Limits’. It should also be noted that Alien.tap has it’s Datum (X0,Y0) at the centre of the work (many Gcodes have the Datum at the lower left hand corner of the work).

Cut depth can be altered by changing the Z axis Scale DRO but it may be better to alter the Gcode program itself. Using Notepad select Edit / Replace, copy the first negative Z value found (in this case Z-0.050) into the ‘Find what’ box then type in your selected depth into the ‘Replace with’ box, then click ‘Replace All’ – then save the changes.

The dimension and cut depth for all the Demo Gcode programs can be found and altered in this way.

To run Alien.tap ‘as-is’, select a suitable material => 5” x 7” x ¼” set the cutter to dead centre of the work and zero the X and Y axis DRO’s, set the cutter (I suggest a ‘V’ bit for this one) just touching the surface of the work and zero the Z axis DRO, raise the Z axis so the cutter is clear of the work. Click on ‘Cycle Start’ and away you go. If necessary adjust Feed-Rate with the FRO slider.

The more you do the easier it all becomes but be prepared for some mega fails along the way.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:15:54 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 09:02:17 AM »
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

The demo Gcodes are all about learning how to use Mach3 and understanding Gcode so you are starting out on a great adventure my friend.

As an example, load Alien.tap. You will notice that the Gcode contains a G20 which tells us that the code has been written in Imperial (Inch) units. Click on Toolpath (Alt-4) and you will see the ‘Program Limits’ which tells us that the image size will be X Range + / - 2.4605” and Y Range + / - 3.4136” with a cut depth of 1/8”. These dimensions can be easily altered by returning to the Program Run screen and altering the Scale DRO’s – a value of 1.0000 is full size, a value of 0.5000 is half size, a value of 2.0000 is double size and so on. After changing a Scale DRO press ‘Enter’ (CR) then ‘Regen. Toolpath’. Returning to the ‘ToolPath’ screen will show the revised ‘Program Limits’. It should also be noted that Alien.tap has it’s Datum (X0,Y0) at the centre of the work (many Gcodes have the Datum at the lower left hand corner of the work).

Cut depth can be altered by changing the Z axis Scale DRO but it may be better to alter the Gcode program itself. Using Notepad select Edit / Replace, copy the first negative Z value found (in this case Z-0.050) into the ‘Find what’ box then type in your selected depth into the ‘Replace with’ box, then click ‘Replace All’ – then save the changes.

The dimension and cut depth for all the Demo Gcode programs can be found and altered in this way.

To run Alien.tap ‘as-is’, select a suitable material => 5” x 7” x ¼” set the cutter to dead centre of the work and zero the X and Y axis DRO’s, set the cutter (I suggest a ‘V’ bit for this one) just touching the surface of the work and zero the Z axis DRO, raise the Z axis so the cutter is clear of the work. Click on ‘Cycle Start’ and away you go. If necessary adjust Feed-Rate with the FRO slider.

The more you do the easier it all becomes but be prepared for some mega fails along the way.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

Tweakie,
Thank you so so much for the valuable information!! I am looking forward to this journey.

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 04:08:52 AM »
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

THANKS for this info on changing dimensions & cut depth it's very helpful, I look forward to trying some of these sample GCode later today!

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 05:57:12 AM »
Success at last!  THANKS Andrew for starting this thread & Twinkie for your valued contributions its much appreciated, managed to cut a scorpion at 50% & one at 25% following Twinkies instructions above  :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 06:22:48 AM »
Excellent  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 04:42:30 AM »
This Gcode file of the old Constitution class starship was created as a test for Mach4 laser control using the M62/M63 command set. It has been added to the .zip file in Post#1.

It comprises less than 500 lines of Gcode so could be modified (copy & paste in Notepad) to using the Mach3 M11/M10 command set.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 02:22:47 AM »
These little positioning discs are not intended to be gears but because of the symmetrical nature of the teeth they do actually mesh. For anyone who wants to make one I have added the Gcode to the zip folder (disc3.tap). My material thickness is 1.5mm and the cutter diameter is 4mm.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 05:42:14 AM »
This post relates: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,34973.msg240357.html#msg240357

As my Mach3 laser cutting Gcode for this little device is less than 500 lines I have now included it into the .zip file.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:37:08 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE