Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:04:10 PM

Author Topic: dbounce  (Read 3065 times)

dbounce
« on: May 01, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
what is the highest debounce you can go too as i used 2000 and i was still having resetting problems.
I recently wired my reset switches but never used sheilded wire and i get the odd reset no and again but it does become a pain.
i used cat 5 wire but im not to sure if this will do the job can anyone please advise ne
thankyou
regards
kevin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: dbounce
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
You can go as high as you want really but you are just masking the problem and not solving it. I have never had a machine that I have needed any value in the Debounce Interval box and if I did my priority would be to sort the noise rather than mask it, but of course thats just my opinion ;)
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
Hi Kevin,

It would be best if you used shielded wire for your switches and estop (shields connected to ground at the controller end only, preferably to one single point).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »
No thats a valid point and taken on board.I have made this machine myself and was cutting out some letters when it keeps going in to trip or reset mode.And it has only happened since putting on the limit switches so it is down to that i think.I only wanted to finish the letters before i delve in deaper can you suggest any particular wire i can use for this project.
many thanks for you comments
kevin

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
Just try disabling the limit switches til the project is finished. Then fix them. The sheilded wiring will help but dont forget to separate the stepper and limit switch wiring as them running close to each other will or can induce triggering. Each unit of debounce is a measurement of time the way I understand it. So a debounce setting of 2000 (x 40us/microseconds = .08 seconds). This could be enough travel after triggering to mangle the switch or at least to bend the arm.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)