Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:37:11 AM

Author Topic: Consultant wanted: adaptor board/wizard coding  (Read 5606 times)

Consultant wanted: adaptor board/wizard coding
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
Hi -
  Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but it seems like the only place.

I've got a CNC plasma table that I've imported from China, with a "built-in" computer.  It is not ideal.  The mechanics of the table are GREAT, but the computer needs to be replaced and this all needs to be connected to Mach3 directly.  I need someone who can:

- tell me which of the Chinese parallel interface boards are best
 - wire up one of those interface boards on a test rig
 - wire up a board for Z control (it's not a stepper; it's just a motor)
 - create a wizard for Z control, if necessary
 - source a number of parts for building RF-shielded enclosures (DB-25 interfaces)

I'm smart enough to bodge something together myself, but I'm looking for someone that has done this kind of thing before and can deliver a "product" instead of a one-off hack.  Of course, I'll pay for all the supplies and will ship the head unit (just the control box) to you for testing.  Location is unimportant if you have some references, but anyone in the Pacific Northwest will get priority since I can meet you.

Contact me at jtodd@loligo.com.

JT

keywords: consulting, consultant

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Consultant wanted: adaptor board/wizard coding
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »
I would recommend Scott Shaffer BUT he is from this side of the country. But I do know he has bags and will travel. for the right price.

If he can't fix it then it must be broken in half, (;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
Thanks!  I tried reaching him on the number he listed in an older post, but it went to a fax machine.  I've sent email to his @hughes.net account and I'll see if he replies.

JT

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
I hate to pass this one by, but for what you want, you would be better served talking to "Tom" at CandCNC, he does the best plazma table work/control I have seen with Mach3, and is far and away the expert in that field.

scott
fun times