Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:42:14 PM

Author Topic: 500 line test designs??  (Read 9923 times)

Re: 500 line test designs??
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
here is the heart design. it was a little small. i figured out how to change the scale after this run and re ran it. i should have taped that run but the file worked great!

Thank you everyone for the help! i am feeling MUCH better about my progress with this machine now!
Re: 500 line test designs??
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »
These 500 line test programs have really helped me a lot! I figured out how to edit G-code and have a program rewind and re-run endlessly and this has helped me do some stress testing of my motors and controllers. I was able to run the mill in a loop for an hour and verify that everything stayed cool. I was also able to play with the program a bit and learn what the feedrate buttons do. and experiment with my PWM spindle controller etc etc. they just have been a very big help!

I would like to suggest that the smiley face and heart designs be posted somewhere so they are easy to find for everyone. The smiley face is great for testing symmetry as you can clearly see if your circles are round and if the ends line up etc. very simple design but lots of points for examination. the heart design is very nice and very intricate. a great 2nd program!!!

THANK YOU to all that contributed and helped! I am making huge progress with my machine.

Zc