Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:42:01 PM

Author Topic: program stops running  (Read 3446 times)

program stops running
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:40:29 PM »
Well I am not sure exactly what is causing my problem but basically what happens is that when I am running a program, the machine always stops in the same place.  I am using Vectric Cut 2D/3D.  When I using the cam software (Cut 2D) I can preview the tool paths and everything looks fine (ie the entire program runs).  But when I run the program on the CNC it stops running early in the program.  The only thing I can see is that a message comes up at the bottom of the screen stating "too fast for pulley, using max speed instead".  I have slowed the program down to try to avoid this with no success.  I have upgraded my computer because my last one stopped working so this may be related to the problem as I never had these problems previously and it has not worked properly since.  I have tried multiple programs and they all stop part way into the program.  I am using Solidworks DWGeditor to create my 2d parts and have tried exporting in various different dxf formats.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
Re: program stops running
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
Hi,

Couple of questions about your new computer.

1:  What operating system are you using?

2:  Is your new computer running 32 bit?  I could be wrong but it is my understanding that Mach3 won't work with 64 bit.

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
Running XP SP3 and it is 32 bit.  Ya I forgot to say I got a used computer from a computer tech
thanks for the help

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »
Hi,

How did the Driver Test Go?

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »
Driver test say system excellent.  I think the problem may lie in my cam software.  The programs I have been testing have been created after the new computer and I just tested an older program and it appears that it will work.  In the table display window my old programs show the entire outline but my programs not working properly only display the outline up until the program stops.  I will attempt to get some help from the cam software forum.
thanks again
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
Sounds like you might not have the license file in the Mach3 folder and you are stopping at the DEMO limit.
Did you reload the license file after the PC update ?
Russ
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »
Yes this appears to be the problem as it only runs to 500 lines.  I have reloaded the .lic file and now it is running properly.
Thanks so much for the help!
It's always the simple things