Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:59:15 AM

Author Topic: SmoothStepper now not responding correctly  (Read 2971 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
SmoothStepper now not responding correctly
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
My smoothstepper decided last night that it didn't want to respond correctly and now the computer doesn't recognize it.  Half the time, it will still appear in the device manager as a smoothstepper.  The other half it will be an unknown device.  When it does appear as a smooth stepper, Mach3 will return that no smoothstepper is seen and to check the cables etc.  Any ideas on how to solve this?  Or is it just broken?

The lights are still turning on.  Visually it looks good.  It's passing along power/signals to the C23 board too.  If I run it powered from the USB, it comes up in the device manager more often.  If it's powered via 5 volt supply it almost never comes up in the device manager anymore.

This is the first rev of the board, or maybe 1.1, it's before the desolder of the ground that I see on the boards here.  Would desoldering that help?  Or other ideas?

Barry

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
Re: SmoothStepper now not responding correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »
I found the issue.  One cable was causing a lot of noise in the control box.  Taking out that cable removes the noise, and hence fixes the issue.  I haven't yet figured out what's wrong with the cable though.  The soldering looks fine at both ends.  Still though, the smooth stepper is working fine.

Barry