Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:31:20 PM

Author Topic: pin 35 36 conflict  (Read 2172 times)

Offline ezz

•  1 1
    • View Profile
pin 35 36 conflict
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:08 AM »
hi i have problem got a pokeys55T a poextbusre board and a pedant
the problem is that the pedant setup use pin35 ,36 and the ext bus want those pins to
i dont find a way to change the settings of those pins anyone able to help or cant i use the extbus ?
thanks for help

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: pin 35 36 conflict
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
ezz,

The Pin configurations, of the 4/6 axis pendant, was assigned those pins, since at the time that that part of the plugin was made (the pendant part), the Extension Data Bus) did not exist. The PINs that where chosen for the 4/6 axis pendant, was per Aurturo Duncan of CNC4PC's request. The reason was that he manufactured and sells a PoKeys Mother Board that has certain pins wired to a quick connector for the 4/6 axis pendants he sells (he and Boris both sell the same type).

The Pin choices for the way his pendant comes into his PKMB is hardwired and is unchangeable. The choices for the Aux Data Bus is also unchangeable.......

So.........  the only thing that can change will be the plugin, I will make the Pendant pins (that currently go across those data bus pins), changeable.

NOTE!!!!: IF you are using Aurturos PKMB and the 4/6 axis pendant, you will NOT be able to use the ADB, since those pins are hardwired in his mother board!!!!

Having said that, if your using a Stand alone OEM PK, then you can assign those pins where ever.........

It might be a day or two, before I can get a new installer out.........

Scott

fun times