Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:23:01 PM

Author Topic: 19 hrs and 4 minutes. DARN IT! - New Personal Record  (Read 3596 times)

19 hrs and 4 minutes. DARN IT! - New Personal Record
« on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
I set a new personal record with 358,598 lines of code and a continuous run without a failure.  TWICE (two halves of a mold).

However we have to work on the simulation.  It was off.  I setup Mach on my design computer with the same motor tuning as on the computer I run the Taig with and it was off.  I ran a simulation on a piece of G-code with over 358K lines of code.  The simulation said it should take 18 hrs and 57 minutes.  I set the alarm on my phone and let it run while I had dinner, slept, had breakfast chased down a battery for my bike, worked on another design, had lunch, etc etc...  I was there just before it was supposed to finish, and I had to stand there twiddling my thumbs for 7 hole minutes.  Bogus man!  Bogus.  

LOL.  

Actually, I think that was pretty darn good calculating considering that it took a couple hours for the simulation to run.  
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:43:20 PM by Bob La Londe »

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: 19 hrs and 4 minutes. DARN IT! - New Personal Record
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
Completely unforgivable. Those are 7 minutes of your life you will NEVER get back, Bob.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:48 AM »
19 hours - that's some feat.  I wonder what the actual record is ?

(My personal best was just 342,000 lines in around 8 hours).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline kvom

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
The simulation run is less than 50 lines/sec;  I think there is room for improvement in the simulation speed.  Still it was accurate to .6% which is darn good.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
Well, I have done a bunch of cuts since then that were in this time frame, but I just set a new personal records.  Over a million lines of code. 

I would actually have to add up the lines from seven GCODE files to see how many lines it takes to cut this part, but the finish pass file only with a high resolution is 1,118,540 lines. 

P.S.  I seem to recall complaining a while back about running over a day and the hour meter not showing it right, but that seems to have changed in the latest version I have installed.  It now shows a day counter digit.  This finish pass takes 27 hours to run.  Thanks guys. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 01:41:44 AM »
Come on Bob you have to show us some pictures of the finished work  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE