Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:37:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach Just Stops  (Read 5354 times)

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
  • If It isn't Broke, Then See How It Works
    • View Profile
Mach Just Stops
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »
Ive been having a problem where Mach3 just stops.. Kinda like someone has hit the Estop or Limit switch.... Then When I try to reset and start cycle The router seems to have a mind of its own.. I've ruined 3 pieces of Corian so far and can't afford to keep this up... Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking for a problem? Sometimes it goes up to 27000 lines of code and other times it stops at 2500... not Right on those numbers but close... If I redo it from the complete start it will go past the 5465 whatever line and stop someplace else... On the Diagnostic page my pulse rate is solid... no Screen saver or Hard drive shut down... I have them set to never shut off..... Any input is Appreiceated.... Thanks In advance

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Just Stops
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »
Hi Dave,

Do you get any message in the status window telling you the reason for the stop ?

Have you tried increasing the debounce interval in general config ? (just in case it's noise related).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
I had this happen as well. It was a relatively short file but was running continuously (M47) with a bar feeder.
It was a "Driver Watchdog Triggered" error.
Never determined what the heck was actually happening so I disabled the Watchdog and never had another instance.
It would run for hours at a time and never miss a beat.
This would show up in the message Tweakie mentioned if it is the culprit.
FWIW,
Russ

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
Thanks Guys, I'll watch the Status Bar next time I make another run... Never thought to look there, I looked under the operator tab check config for errors...

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Tweakie, What number should i put in the debounce Box... There is nothing in it now and the machine stopped again but no error was given...

Thanks Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »
If its a limit or watchdog issue you should see an error in the status window, so if you are not it sounds like it may be something else. However try 500 or so for the debounce interval and see if that helps. Often people go as high as 2000 or more but as you are only having occasional problems 500 should be plenty if it is noise thats the issue, but as said if there is no error message it sounds unlikely.

Oh are you using the parallel port or an external motion controller?
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
No Extanded Motion Controller, and I never added the 2nd Parallel port.....

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
Ok thats fine, just with you not getting the error message I was thinking it may have been an external controller you were using.
Suppose you will just have to try the debounce and see what happens.
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
Under Gen Config I have two Input Signal DeBouncing/Noise Rejection box's.. Do I put 500 in both Box's? One Box is the Interval and the other is the Index Debounce... Both are Zero now...

Thanks Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
Dave,

Just the top box.
Interesting to see if the problem is noise related or if this makes any difference.

Tweakie.
PEACE