Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:32:43 PM

Author Topic: New on this project!!  (Read 3840 times)

New on this project!!
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
Hi to all, my name is Gerardo and i just start with this project, reading some post i fix the homing issue, but for some reason on the x axis if i hit Ref Home All  with the machine positioned close to the far limit sw it move home sw and it measure +18.5 from a corner to the other corner and the machine is moving really slow, if i execute roadrunner g-code when the machine is moving to a - position when it reach the +0.000 it is over the middle of the table and not close to the far sw like in the beginning, also this movement from a + number “+18.5” to a – number -0.005 is really fast; is faster than the homing speed, do I need set something else, thanks for any help, and sorry if I mistype.
Thanks!@
 :)
Re: New on this project!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »
Could you post a video or pictures to better explain what is you problem or even a hand drawing cad would be helpful.

Do you zero your axes when they are at home.

You probably loose steps, what happen if you decrease velocity in the motor tuning. 

Try to run the same program but at half the speed.

does it do the same thing when you jog or only when running program.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »
Sir i attach a draw of the machine a build.
i don't know how to configure it or if i need to calibrate the axis.
My home and --- sw are conected to the same port, one port for x axis and another port for y axis home/-- sw and the x axis ++ limit sw "far" and y axis ++ limit sw "far" in another 2 ports, my controler have only 5 ports for home or limits sw; i only got one port left for a Z home or limit sw.
I don't know if i can put home sw and -- limit sw together or if a installed them in correct spot  like in the draw.

i'm zeroing the machine in the far position of the x axis and y axis.

This all i got right now, i will keep reading until your respond, thanks help you guys can give me.!!
thanks!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
Are the switches for X axis wired in series

Same for the Y axis like the attached picture.

In the input tab of the ports and pins menu, both switches for the X axis must be setup as the same pin number.

Same thing for the Y axis

Try to use the automated setup pin to enter pin number, very easy to do.

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
They are wired in differents pins; X axis home/limit X--- in same pin, x limit ++ in another pins, Y axis home/limit Y--- in same pin, y limit ++ in another pins.

Question sir!!
If hit the autozero, when the machine finish with the home process it should be zeros on all 3 axis?

Once it is in home with zero at all axis, if i'm going to cut a part do in need to move all axis to the far position of the axis or i can execute the gcode from home position?

When the machine is in the middle of the table, the homing direction in all axis is suppose to be a positive movement or negative movement?

Thanks!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
You can execute the code from anywhere, home is OK.

The machine always know where it is so depending on your Gcode, the machine will go where the offset(G54, G55...) is.

You need the machine to be at Zero (Home) and you need to set the Zero of the workpiece(WCS) or work coordinate system. This is G54, G55, G56 or G57..

If you hit the TAB key on your keyboard, you will see in which direction the arrows are pointing X+ will move to the right and X- will move the tool to the left.

This is always in relation with the tool.

So if the machine is at Home, when you hit start, the tool will go in the - direction, like X-20.000.

Can you post details of the breakout board your using.

In the home/motor and soft limits menu, be sure to check Auto Zero

Is your machine is similar the the one on the picture.

Jeff

Jeff
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »
Yes it is similar, so using the pictures i sent you my home position need to be to my left bottom corner and any movement out of home need to be -- movement, i'm right!!

thanks!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 03:21:16 AM »
For me, home switches should be on the right of the machine.

When the machine is at home, it should be to the far right.

When machining, X Axis should read negative numbers, and going to the left

The arrow on the picture show the position where home switch should be and the machine at Zero Home Position

Jeff
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »
OK, in the Y axis the home sw is in the middle of the axis?

Thanks for your help!!