Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:53:32 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Joystick  (Read 5588 times)

Mach3 and Joystick
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
I understand a joystick can be used under Mach3. My question is whether it needs to be a specific type and whether it can be connected to the computer with a USB connection. I hope this isn't to basic of a question from this newbie who should have delivery of his machine very soon.

Lameiii
Re: Mach3 and Joystick
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »
USB joysticks work just fine.
I personally use a Logitech game pad but I have borrowed my sons Microsoft joystick as well.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
Mike,

I appreciate the information. Since I've never been into gaming I going to buy a Microsoft compatible joystick.
I was also wondering when using the joystick on the x and Y, axis can I move the router slowly or will it simply speed to the end of the axis?
Can the joystick also work on the Z axis?

Lameiii
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
The joystick moves are proportional.

I am pretty sure that the Z can be moved by the joystick but it all depends on how you set it up.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Thanks for your reply Mike. I hope to pick up the joystick next week. I'll let you know if I can get it to control the Z axis.

Lameiii
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »
I'm interested in a joystick too. TOTALLYRC, does proportional mean that with a small move of the joystick it moves slowly and the more extreme over it goes the faster the move?
Thanks,
Dwight
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 06:41:30 AM »
Hi Rolex,

Yes it does, the farther you the stick the faster it goes. IIRC

Mike
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »
Cool, thank you Mike.