Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:04 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 support for FSE ReninaEngrave card  (Read 2718 times)

Mach3 support for FSE ReninaEngrave card
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
This is my first post here!  I'm new to Mach3 as I've been using another program on my DIY router.  ;D

Anyway, here's some background.  I've got a Full Spectrum Engineering (FSE) 40W laser with a RetinaEngrive card/software.  The RetinaEngrave card allows for direct printing/cutting from pretty much any windows program (via a USB connection).  It works great!  However, there are times when I want to generate and run g code so a can better handle things like kerf/offsets, holding tabs and cut order.  I'm also planning to use Mach3 on my laptop which doesn't have a parallel port.

At this point it looks like my only option may be to use a Smooth Stepper. Are there anther options?

I read on the FSE forum that a Mach3 plug-in for the RetinaEngrave card was in the works.  What is the status of this?  I'd definitely like to know if using the RetinaEngrave card is an option.

Thanks,
Brian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 support for FSE ReninaEngrave card
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
Hi Brian,

The Smooth Stepper is an ideal solution for using a laptop with Mach3, I have used an SS for a year or so now and together with many others, I can only say how good it is.

The FSE plugin card is another story and I have not yet herd any reports of it working well with Mach3 despite the FSE claims and as their forum is so highly moderated,  it is impossible to obtain a truly objective opinion on its operation or ease of use from any others there.
If the price of the card is reasonable then I think you should go for it but beware that the makers claims may well exceed its true performance.

Tweakie.

PEACE