Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:17:31 AM

Author Topic: 4th axis setup  (Read 35091 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: 4th axis setup
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
YOu need to change teh seting for the A axis in Config Ports and pins. Change the DIR active low setting then it should rotate in the correct direction as the code commands.

(;-) TP
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »
THX for quick answer!!

Yes i try the setup, change entries in port and pins, but the main direction in RC Simulation is cw, not ccw. So the toolpath is different to mach.

what is wrong!?

Best regards.
Rudi 

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
ARE you sure you have the correct POST for MACH3 4th axis ?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »
Can you post a copy of the program to test here?

(;-) TP
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
Hey!

You got my message?
I´m now sure to 90% that mach ist the problem, cause the PP make just a ,,simple,, code with negative entries on A. But the constellation from the dir and the axis are ok. just the toolpath in mach is reverse. if i jog the axis the dir are also ok. maybe mach displayed wrong or maybe the toolpath ok to !? (i told you).
for example,... if the tool is fixed on z,.... the axis turn cw, but if you fixed the axis and turn the tool it will be displayed ccw.!?!? right or not??

The PP on RC is one from 5 PP for Mach (Mach1 to Mach3, it seems all the same). In RC is an PP- Editor where i can inspect what´s happend and i can change something. The PP File are open and show all important entries for working.
Once i can´t change is the standard dir from 4 Axis Milling  Process (or i can´t find the right key) , the indexing dir i can change.
last  the output code of RC can´t have as much impact of the displayed toolpath.

I  was testing today the things i wrote you, and all works fine ( regardless of the toolpath of mach).
I thought before that i can see always the same path. RC SIM/Mach/Workpiece.
It seems to be a wish.
Thats the last working constellation.

i´ll wait for message

best regards
Rudi

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
I send you PM.

BR Rudi

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
THE A axis AND MACH3 should match. IF NOT fix it.

IF the CAM and MACH do not match then you need to correct the CAM side.

(;-) TP
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 08:16:13 PM »
--- ;D--Yes!!....

I Try to fix it..... ;D, but how??

Thats the reason why i ask  here!!!  :)

You read the code? i´s very simple code. in  what way in this code can change toolpath on Mach??

The standard turn dir with the  entries from  the neg. values i can´t change. i think that is not the problem, because if i write the same code in MDI i have the same effect.

Do you think about the different Dir from Path and Axis?? Maybe it shows normal.??

BR  Rudi

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

I Try to fix it..... ;D, but how??

Make your rotary axis turn in the direction as indicated in the Right Hand Rule as shown above.

If that is done, then Mach3 will be correct and the rotary axis will be correct.

That just leaves the Post Processor that you are using in RhinoCam.

I am not familiar with RhinoCam but there should be a setting for the rotary axis output.

Greolt

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
RUDI I looked at your Gcode and MACH3 is doing exactly what the Gcode says to do according to standard A axis configuration. The A axis rotates exactly in the direction the Gcode says to.

IF you want the PROGRAM to do something different you will have to figure it out in RhinoCam. All you need to do is correct the rotation.

OR you can take the Gcode and do an edit in notebook and replace all A- with A. Then the program will run the opposite of what it does now.

IF your A axis is running backwards to the MACH3 toolpath display you need to correct that part in MACH3 change the DIR pin active low for A.

(;-) TP

(;-) TP