Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:37 AM

Author Topic: Z limit Switch with a touch pad  (Read 11859 times)

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
  • If It isn't Broke, Then See How It Works
    • View Profile
Z limit Switch with a touch pad
« on: March 25, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
My question is it possible to add a touch pad for the height of my Z.. Right now I have a home switch at the top of my Z but changing bits and trying to rezero to the top of my work is not working and I'm getting a little inconsistancy when I change bits..

Thanks Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Z limit Switch with a touch pad
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:22:43 AM »
Have never done it myself but lots are using it. Do a search for Auto Tool Zero and that should bring up a few subjecrs. The probe input is used for this normally.
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
Thanks Hood and Ger21

Great topic but just a little over my head as I am truly a newbie.. Not sure of all the terminology like DRO and screen#4 etc etc. I kinda need a blow by blow explanation if that makes any sense...

Offline alenz

•  137 137
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
Dave,

Art has an excellent tutorial video on Screen4. Go to the top of this screen, (or http://www.machsupport.com/  if you aren’t viewing on line), select Support > Tutorial Videos > Artsoft Video Tutorial and then Screen4 which is at the very bottom of the left hand column.

For DRO listing, go to the above mentioned screen, select Support > Mach Wiki then scroll down to the table of contents and the DRO listing is in section 9.

This should get you going for a while <grin>.

Al

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
Thanks I'll try to follow it but it really seems way over my head, I was hoping I could turn on a pin and use the auto zero toll button with min programing...I don't think i'm able to create a whole new screen when the default mach screen is more then enough for me.....

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
The screen that I sell has the auto zero integrated into it. If you have a working probe circuit, that's all you need.

If you go to the Screen download section here, the Big Tex version of Mach Blue has it as well.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Thanks Ger21, It looks real nice, I'm just learning MAch and Vectric, If I spend another Dollar on this machine I'm afraid I would be shot... But your program looks real nice.. I'm hoping that someone steps up and gives me directions on how to go about doing this... Hood has been very helpful to me thus far with many of my other questions.... There seems to be alot of people here that are very helpful... Have a great day!!!! And thnaks for the offer...

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 04:33:33 AM »
Dave,

Don't know if it's any help to you but this is how I did it. http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/files/17.htm

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
Tweakie Thank You.. Looks easy to do and I'll try it out today... I have pin #6 set for the probe and I believe I should use that instead of your pin #15.... I'll let you know how it works out for me.. And again thank you very much.. This Forum and the people in it are very helpful.... Oh yeah, I like the Laser idea too...