Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:53:45 PM

Author Topic: Issue with running flash screens......  (Read 1994 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Issue with running flash screens......
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »
Greetings,

There is a problem trying to run Flash screens with Pokeys on Vista and W7 machines........ they play together ok on XP  (this is the latest PK plug 10.6.4)

I have looked at the code again and again, and really haven't touched any of the USB code. Others have said earlier PK plugs prior to 10.6 worked with flash,
even on Vista and w7 machines.....  

It doesn't make sense why the USB dies now, since I have not touched that code, I only added the new functions that Poscope put out and they are formatted correctly.

the 10.6.4 works great with standard screens, in XP, Vista and W7, so it makes no sense to me why it would conflict now with a running flash screen.

At any rate, Boris of PoKeys is Re-doing the DLL for the PK and PKE, when that is released assuming it is compatible with Mach 3.

If it is, then the new PKE plugin (that will handle USB at their DLL), will replace all the legacy Pokeys.dll in mach3, to a new PKE.dll at least from me.
Hopefully, the new way of interfacing with PKE's and PK's will be a DLL that is Non-Managed or some other way for the non-managed mach3 plugin to talk to thier dll.

we shall see.

at any rate: If you are not running a flash screen, then the above will not effect you.

scott

fun times