Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:04:58 PM

Author Topic: Unstable output from MACH 3, seems to work more stable with older PC.  (Read 8447 times)

I saw this in another forum in China, guys there found that the pulse output geatnerate by MACH 3 is not stable, it stops from time to time with uneven interval, which will leave uneven machine mark on the work piece when milling.

What made these halts ? and how to avoid it ? Guys in that forum started to test on various kind of motherboards and CPU, and seems that MACH 3 runs better in older systems, such as single core CPU ............

Your advise is appreciated!

Best Regards,

machine_gun

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Unstable output from MACH 3, seems to work more stable with older PC.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »
Modern computers should have no problem and be as stable as older hardware. One thing that may affect things is often modern motherboards have power saving features, especially Intel CPU motherboards. There are power saving settings in the BIOS that Intel CPU motherboards have that should be disabled as if not done they will throttle back the CPU and cause problems.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »
Modern computers should have no problem and be as stable as older hardware. One thing that may affect things is often modern motherboards have power saving features, especially Intel CPU motherboards. There are power saving settings in the BIOS that Intel CPU motherboards have that should be disabled as if not done they will throttle back the CPU and cause problems.

Hood

Thank you very much for your prompt reply,  we did disable the power saving function, and it happens even with AMD's CPU ...........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
Can you attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
I am sorry, I am a newbie here~~~please let me know how to attach... 

my computer is running in Chinese language Windows, I have difficulty even typing in English.....

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=463248&extra=page%3D1

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:30 AM »
I am sure I recall Art mentioning there are issues if you use the Chinese language with Mach and the parallel port but could be wrong. Try setting your regional settings to UK or USA and see if it helps.

To attach your xml you will need t copy it to your desktop and rename then use the additional options button on the reply page to attach.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
Thanks alot! Hood!

I will try the setting first, if it does not work well, I will try to find a Windows system in English!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
Update today:

Some fellow DIYer said, this scenario happens even when MACH 3 is running in DOS, Pure DOS, not the DOS enviroment within the Windows system.

I wonder if MACH3 can be running in DOS, is there any version of MACH 3 that runs in DOS?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
Mach is Windows only,  W2K onwards for Mach2 and Mach3, not sure of Master as I never used it but as far as I am aware it was a windows programme as well .
Hood
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
5th, April update:

Latest founding is that, system with build-in display card will have this problem, the instruction manual of MACH3 stated that MACH 3 shuold runs on a system with independant display card with independant display RAM.

Conclusion is that : be it a new or old system motherboard, it must running with independant display card.