Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:44:21 AM

Author Topic: Zeroing with movement?  (Read 12119 times)

Re: Zeroing with movement?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 03:37:23 AM »
Just set the speed to 2500 and that shows  a reading of 200% at the full 5000rpm so I think I will just leave like that as it is easy to relate to that when I use it.

Just finished a batch of 28 spacers so pleased with the progress so far in a week---many thanks for your help---sure I will need more soon!

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 03:39:30 AM »
Peter, what kind of motor is the spindle motor? Do you have any links to documentation of the machine?
Hood
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 04:00:52 AM »
The motor is just described as 5000rpm 1000w Closed Loop Brushless DC Spindle Motor on the Arc Euro site, cannot find anything more technical except that is seems to be an uprated version of the 3500 rpm motor used on a Sieg lathe.

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 04:24:58 AM »
Sounds like its a servo, if thats the case then it would have a servo drive and your xml seems to suggest it is set up as a Step/Dir spindle as an axis would be.
If thats the case then finding out what count encoder it has would allow you to set it up correctly.
If its not a servo then it may be set correctly as it is.

I think John S has dealings with Arc Euro, I will see if he can shed any light on things.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
Talked to John S and he said it is a servo but it has a rather crude encoder, 3 optos on a slotted disc. Not sure of the slots but he thought about 100.
Wondering if you set the steps per as 100 and the Velocity to 5000 whether that would help. suppose its worth a try as long as you have the E-Stop handy ;)
Hood
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:47 AM »

Thanks for making the enquiry with John S. I tried the settings suggested and it produced a max measured spindle speed of 1750 rpm. Set it back to 188 and 7500 and it goes to 5000rpm again which is fine, think I can live with the slight discrepancy.

Just read your post about centering and I like the approach. Hope I can ask another question. What is the difference between the goto and goto zero buttons? and if I set the soft limits presume any setting needs to be within the limit switch setting?

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
I think it may be ToGo and GotToZero you are meaning. ToGo will tell you the distance each line of code has to go as it is moving. GoToZero will make the machine move to the offset zero position. If you have a safe Z set it will move the Z to your set position first, then move X and Y to zero then finally move Z down to Zero. I prefer my safe Z set in Machine coords as I always know where it will go to. If you have it set as incremental then it will just move by that value from where it is. If you have it set to work coords then it will move to that value in work coords.

Soft Limits are set to be Zero for X and Y min and Z Max and then the distance of your travel for X and Y Max and Z Min. However your Z min will be a negative value.
Hood