Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:47:45 AM

Author Topic: Zeroing with movement?  (Read 12181 times)

Re: Zeroing with movement?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »

No just limit switches.

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
Then youre axis should not be moving, can you check to make sure, I think your limits must be also enabled as home switches. That is the normal thing to do and is the way most people have things set up.
If you dont want to home the machine then you can disable the Home entries but that will also mean you will either have to manually position the axois before pressing that button or if not doing so then you wont be able to take advantage of softlimits.
 Hood
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 04:23:08 AM »
Hi,
Followed the suggestion by Tweakie and now all zero button works ok. Big improvement!

I think there must still be a gremlin somewhere as I can highlight and zero an individual axis ok using the keyboard but when I use the onscreen button to zero that axis it does not zero but runs away until stopped by the limit switch??

Also my machine is rated at 5000rpm spindle speed but I will not go beyond 3500rpm, Checked it with a rev counter and spindle now set to 108 in tuning to make onscreen display agree with rev counter. Does Mach limit the speed somewhere?

Peter

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 08:29:33 AM »
think there must still be a gremlin somewhere as I can highlight and zero an individual axis ok using the keyboard but when I use the onscreen button to zero that axis it does not zero but runs away until stopped by the limit switch??

This could be attributed to your modified screenset. If the individual axis zero buttons can be accessed by the 'edit button script' (as you did for the zero all button) then their contents can be changed easily - if this is not he case then the only way to change the contents would be to use one of the screen editors. This is not difficult to do, bit of learning required but may solve this problem.

Tweakie.

nb. My post #2 is totally irrelevant to this thread, just how it got here is anybody's guess.
PEACE
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
I have a zero all button.  There is a system function you can select from the drop down on the button dialog called "Zero All Axes".  It's not a VB script button.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 04:10:55 AM »
We have got the KX3 mill we are using working well now doing a useful job of making some spacers, very pleasing!

We still cannot zero on an individual axis button, (ok by highlighting, entering zero and return or by zero all button)press individual  button and the machine moves to that limit. Edit button script only seems to apply to the zero button. Anyone any idea what to do next?

Also anyone else using a KX3 and which suffered from being limited to 3500rpm in spte of being rated at 5000rpm in the spec?

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 04:13:49 AM »
It would seen to be your screenset that is the problem, try the standard one and see if that cures your problem.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 04:32:24 AM »

Ok I will try that, do I have to download a different screen or can I just toggle somewhere?

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
The standard screenset comes with the normal download of Mach, it is called 1024.set and should be in the main Mach3 folder. You can load it by going to the View menu in Mach and choose Load Screens then choosing the correct screen.
If you dont have that screenset because you have a custom install from an OEM then let me know and I will attach the standard screenset.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 05:23:11 AM »
I have accessed as you suggested but cannot see anything like that so would apprerciate a download to try.

Peter