Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:23:18 PM

Author Topic: Zeroing with movement?  (Read 12120 times)

Zeroing with movement?
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:23:59 AM »
Hi,

Just have got a Sieg KX3 mill and it is starting to work fine but one or two issues I cannot solve---real newbie not sure what I am doing wrong

When I zero the axis  (X, Y, or Z or the zero all screen button)the axis zeros fine but that axis then starts to move, I can zero using keyboard and enter ok or enter zero but press "zero all" on screen and z moves upwards.  Really odd.

how can I zero without the movement starting?

Also can anyone advise on best file to save work in on Vcarv to suit Mach and then be able to re-open in Vcarv?

Thanks  Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Zeroing with movement?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:53:54 AM »
Dont think there is a zero all button or at least I can remember seeing one.  There is a Go to Zero which will move the axis to the work offset zero position. There is a Ref All button that will home the machine, so if you have home switches enabled the axis will move to home position. If its not one of these can you post a screenshot showing the button or maybe even just describe its location.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:22:38 AM »
Peter,

I don't think there is a common format for directly transferring files back and forth between Mach and VCarve. The nearest would probably be .dxf but this would involve using LazyCam for the toolpath and because the features of VCarve are so superior to LC this would really be a waste of time.
The best bet is to stick to the native VCarve format of .crv for your work and using the VCarve post processor save your Mach toolpaths as .txt

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

The zero all is on the initial screen and also the offsets screen and we are just using the standard Mach3.

Ok for the advice  on what file to use between Vcarv and Mach. That was our conclusion but being new I thought we may have missed something somewhere.

Peter

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
Hi Peter,

I don't know which version of Mach you are using but as Hood has said there is no "Zero All" on my Mach screens either.  ???
There is a "Ref All Home" button but that performs a different function to zero all.

However the "Ref All Home" button contents can be changed by using the 'Operator'/'Edit Button Script' tabs then selecting the flashing 'Ref All Home' button. Delete whatever is in the box and enter DoOEMButton(1007) and then save it. Now this button will just zero the X,Y,Z and A etc DRO’s without homing or performing any other functions.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

It is version R3.041 we are using and the zero button all is just to the left of the xyz zero's.

As this came with a Sieg machine I wonder if it has been modified?

Peter

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
Hi Peter,

That would explain it.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »
Can you please attach your screenset. Either that or go to Operator menu and choose Edit Button Scripts. The see if the button you are talking about is flashing, if it is click on it then copy whats in it and then paste it to the forum, I am guessing although it says Zero All it is actually the Ref All button, ie for homing your machine.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
Hi,

Think you are on the right lines as the button flashes when I follow your instructions. Sorry I dont know how to paste the info to to the forum after copying, same with screenset.

This is what is in the file.

Do Button (7)
Do Button (24)
Do Button (23)
Do Button (22)
Do Button (25)
Sleep        (500)
Do Button  (7)

Is that what you expected?

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835