Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:24:00 PM

Author Topic: Crash & Recovery Mach3  (Read 2902 times)

Crash & Recovery Mach3
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
Hi All,
Computer went down the other day. Restored my back up and installed 2nd parallel port in XP machine with updated driver. Set up 2nd PP hex address in Ports & Pins and Device Manager says its working. The Charge Pump light won't come on in the THC panel and no movement on motors. Manual says if CP light is not on there is usually 2nd pp issue. Any ideas, I need to get this going. I believe the old comp was Win2000 OS. All the saved Jobs  are there as well as my last motor velocity changes so I'm guessing the program is intact. Just changed out computer and 2nd port.
Thanks,
H
edit
Is there a way to run Mach off LPT1 only and disable the THC so I can cut some parts?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:37:58 PM by hmc710 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Crash & Recovery Mach3
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
Are you using pins 2-9 on the second port as inputs? If you are then it may be the card is in the wrong mode or possibly not even capable of being configured that way. If that is the case then you could possibly swap the connections to normal input pins on the second port and set them in Mach.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:25:59 AM »
Hi Hood,
Yes, the pin 2-9 box is checked. In my configuration I am only driving the x, y, z, motors and have x, y, z home limits, and if I remember correctly without my book sitting here, they are all Port 1. We are not using the THC function, just the z.  I am wondering if I can just disconnect the THC and use LPT1 straight to my power supply and use a different post in Mach3 that does not use THC? Mach3 used to run before the THC option correct? I got the whole package at the same time back in 07. When you gave me much appreciated advise also  :)  The Charge Pump is not on and if that's not on, the table does not run.
Thanks,
H

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »
I dont know much about plasma but yes that should be possible, if you want to attach your xml I can look and see if I can find a problem.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:53:11 AM »
I just did a fresh back up and will see if I can PM you a copy.
Thank you!
H