Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Home liimits problem  (Read 3001 times)

Home liimits problem
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
Hi

In the ports and pins screen menu input signals, I have configured 3 home switches (X Y Z) active "high". In the home/soft limits screen, I have configured my table limits in inches with the autozero "on" and home negative "on" for both X,Y axis.

THE PROBLEM IS:  In the diagnostics menu the M1 M2 M3home appeared always "on" and can't refer all home. I have tried the override button in the setting menu and it didn't change.

What do I do wrong here ??

Thanks

Jack

Re: Home liimits problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
What kind of switch do you have.

If they are NC type, (normally close) this is normal.

If switches have 3 pin, the middle one is the common, one is normally close and one NO, normally open.

You must have 5v to the middle pin and other wire connected to NO, and going toward the BOB (breakout board), when switch close, contact will be made.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Thank for reply ostie01

I should specifiy that my problem is regarding Mach3 software home switches.

Jack

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
Set active low if you dont have real switches fitted.

Hood

Offline kf2qd

•  148 148
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »
What switches are you trying to use for homing? if you are using the limits, then set eh home switches up the same as the limit for that axis. Should work that way. Just make sure you have correct input or homing won't work. (On my machine the factory had the inputs for X & Z swapped. the limits behaved just fine, the homing didn't, swapped the pins in the configurtationand homing works.)