Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:10:55 AM

Author Topic: Setting Spindle motor control problem  (Read 2443 times)

Setting Spindle motor control problem
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:14:29 AM »
I am trying to setup a cnc4pc c6 spindle speed controller.  But this piece of hardware is not the problem.  I am setting up mach 3 for step and dir motor.
If I setup only the relay in the outputs and leave the spindle disabled in motor outputs and click the spindle button in mach it will light up and if I click the spindle button again it will go the led will go off.  As soon as I enable the spindle motor with step 14 dir 16 and tune the motor to steps per 1000 vel all the way up and accell mid way across the slider bar.  Now when I click the spindle button I can hear the relay click on the spindle controller, and the spindle LED comes on.  If I click the spindle button again to turn it off, the relay clicks again, but the LED stays lit and will not respond to further commands.  Hit reset and use the m03 s ********* relay clicks led comes on, m04 relay clicks led stays lit and it wont respond.

Funny thing is, I installed mach on my office machine, tried setting up a new xml with all the settings that I know "SHOULD WORK" and the new install does the same thing.  Not connected to any hardware.

Dug out my old laptop tried it on there.  Same thing, updated to the latest lock down, still does it.  after messing with just the relay settings, and spindle motor settings I was finally able to make it work.  Or better yet, it finally decided to work.  Go threw all the settings, come set my "TEST" install up in my office the exact same way, and it refuses to turn off the spindle led.  On the laptop, I did note that if the acceleration setting for the spindle is very low it takes a bit of time before mach will release the spindle and turn off the led.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why its so having trouble.  I have set these up before in the past and every time I have had to fight with the spindle settings for a long period of time before mach 3 "Decided" to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Spindle motor control problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
Hit reset and use the m03 s ********* relay clicks led comes on, m04 relay clicks led stays lit and it wont respond.

Should you not be using M05 to turn the relay off ?
Under spindle setup have you reduced the spin up / down delays ?

Tweakie.
PEACE