Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:21:06 PM

Author Topic: Lost Spindle speed control  (Read 2983 times)

Lost Spindle speed control
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »
Hi I have been setting up my router build & bench tested my electronics.

Gecko G540
VFD 2.2kw spindle

I got it all working fine using a relay to turn the spindle on & off with control to accelerate & decelerate spindle speed in Mach3.
I have now put all the bits into there proper home under the router base all neat and tidy.
But when I come to run I have lost the ability to control the spindle speed through Mach3, I can still turn spindle on and off fine everything works as should do,
just the spindle speed problem.
when I turn spindle on in Mach3 it runs up to full speed & no matter what I try I can't slow it down in Mach, works fine through the VFD direct but not in Mach.
I have checked and re checked my wiring all looks good, I will update post with wiring & settings when I get home tonight.

any ideas where to start to track down the problem, I'm at the hair pulling point now ( not too much left to pull )
cheers for any help ???

Offline cjs

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Spindle speed control
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
Please post the wiring and settings.

I have been trying for a month to get a 0-10 volt signal out of the Gecko G540 from the Mach 3 software. Gecko Drive's support people are well aware that the majority of their customers use Mach software, but they refuse to see if they can make it work to help support their customers..... Makes sense, right?

-Chris

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Spindle speed control
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
The info in Chris's PDF here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15457.msg103687.html#msg103687 may be useful to you as it covers the Mach settings for the PWM output etc.

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE