Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:33:24 PM

Author Topic: System wait for manual input to Cycle Start  (Read 9079 times)

System wait for manual input to Cycle Start
« on: March 16, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
I made a Screenset for a cnc table with plasma and oxyfuel torch, this screenset have 2 DRO´s one for preheating time and the other for the pierce time. When I cut with oxifuel I put the torch over the plate and I count the seconds for a hot red dot for cutting, then y move the torch away the plate and put that seconds in the DRO for preheating... now im redy to cut some shapes in this plate.Ok that´s fine, but i want a alternative method for preheating ando cuting without using the anterior method of puting seconds in the DRO.

For example if I want to cut a shape with some holes, I want to decide when is the correct moment for cutting for each hole Basing Im seeing the hot red dot and then press a key in ma joypad to start for example the CycleStart Button. Im trying to make a Macro for that, something like this:

m4.m1s :
DRO1 = GetUserDRO(2222) * 1000
DRO2 = GetUserDRO(2223) * 1000

If (DRO1) = 0 Then

SystemWaitFor DoOEMButton (1000)

Else

Sleep (DRO1)
activateSignal(OUTPUT1)
Sleep (DRO2)

End If

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
Re: System wait for manual input to Cycle Start
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:10:20 AM »
It is quite simple to do this in Mach - Just set your pierce delay at 99 sec and when the plate is heated sufficiently press Cycle start and the code will continue from the next line.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
It is quite simple to do this in Mach - Just set your pierce delay at 99 sec and when the plate is heated sufficiently press Cycle start and the code will continue from the next line.

I try it and not work for me, I put a big number like 99 seconds for preheat time, but when I press the cycle start button nothing hapend, the system not moves before that time is passed :(

another suggestion?

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
Post your g-code and XML - Then I will have a look at it.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
Could you simply place an M1 at the appropriate place in your code ?
Then when red and ready, hit Cycle Start.
May be too simple .... that's the way I think.
Russ
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
Post your g-code and XML - Then I will have a look at it.

Yes here is an example of g-code file generate with Pronest8 and the XML file of Mach3 I use.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
Could you simply place an M1 at the appropriate place in your code ?
Then when red and ready, hit Cycle Start.
May be too simple .... that's the way I think.
Russ

thanks looks like a good solution, but I place the M1 code manually in the g-code every time right? i wish something more automated, for easy to use and fast cuts.

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
For the pierce delay try using G4 P99 (G4 is dwell and The P is the dwell time), Then the cycle start will will work to continue to the next line.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
For the pierce delay try using G4 P99 (G4 is dwell and The P is the dwell time), Then the cycle start will will work to continue to the next line.

KTM Thankyou very much, i made it, i modify my M4 macro with this:

DRO1 = GetUserDRO(2222) ‘ this is the preheat time
DRO2 = GetUserDRO(2223) * 1000 ‘ this is the pierce time

code ("G4 P" & DRO1)
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT1) ‘ this output activate the selenoid to open the oxigen for cutting
Sleep (DRO2)

Now when i preheating and I choose too many seconds I can skip pressing the Cycle Start button.

Thanks greetings from México
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:02:55 PM by gzm.pepe »