Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:03:10 PM

Author Topic: ESC key not responding  (Read 8451 times)

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
  • If It isn't Broke, Then See How It Works
    • View Profile
Re: ESC key not responding
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
I switched to another keyboard and the ESC  key stops the machine but does not let it go to the next axis when doing a ref all...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
It wont and shouldnt as far as I know, it will interrupt and exit the homing macro and I think that is what it should do.
Why do you want to interrupt the homing routine?
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »
I have limits and home switches on all the axis except for the Z... I have an aligator clip and a piece of aluminum channel for the Z... Saying that, how do I home the Z to the top?

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
I should also say that the Y axis has to Motors as its a dual drive, thus is why the Y and A are slaved together...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
You should uncheck the Z homing in Ports and Pins and then when you Press Ref All it will not move but Mach will set the present Z position as Machine Zero. So what you should do is move Z fully up  by jogging before you press Ref All and then Z will be set correctly.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
Yes I realise that about Y and A. Do you have Home switches at both sides, ie one for Y one for A?
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
Thank You Hood, That Worked... Perhaps you can help me with another problem... My MAchine work area is 42" by 26". The 42" being the Y Axis and moves left to right... the 26" is the gantry and moves away and to me X axis... on my key board, If i hit page up the Z goes down, if i hit the the direction keys left or right. the Y moves the oppisite direction. can this be corrected some how?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »
Go to Config menu then Homing and limits and choose reverse for the axis you want to swap direction.
Hood

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
Changing the reverse worked for the Z axis as now it goes down when I press the Page down key and up when I press the Page up Key... I still have the problem when I press the up arrow key and my Y axis moves instead of my X axis .. What i'm trying to say is that the keys seem wrong to me as the up and down arrows move the Y axis and left and right move the Gantry...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 10:41:38 AM »
That is the correct way for the keys with a normal setup. The Y axis moves up and down the screen and X across the screen.
You cant change that in Mach as it is the conventional way for axis to be. You can however change the keys which move an axis, go to Config then System Hotkeys, press the X++ and then a box will apear and yo then press the key you want, do the same for the other axis.
Hood