Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:31:38 PM

Author Topic: Slave A & X problems.  (Read 7078 times)

Slave A & X problems.
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:11:22 PM »
Here is conversation i posted from the Zone, this will give you idea of my problem without a solution.

Well i have been trying for two days not to slave the A axis to the X axis to have double leadscrews.

pin settings as such:
X = 2 and 3
Y = 4 and 5
Z = 6 and 7
A = 8 and 9

with and without slaving setting in mach the a axis will not move, however if i change Y to pins 8 and 9 that axis moves the motor.. so i know its not the driver, motor or computer port.

I can not get the A Axis to work even with a simple jog of the arrow keys, is there a setting i need to do in Mach3 that i am missing?

note: i also changed the A axis from being circular.

joe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to make sure that the motor tuning is identical for both motors. And make sure you restart Mach3 after checking the slaving box. Also, I don't think the 4th axis DRO will work for the slaved axis. And once slaved, you can't jog the A by itself I don't think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes i did all of the above, and also tried to jog A without it being slaved to X Axis, but when i change Y axis to pins 8 and 9 it works.

joe

You have to set the hotkeys for the A axis to jog it. I don't have my PC connected to any motors, but I could jog the A axis once I set hotkeys for it, but not when it was slaved. Without any motors spinning, I can't tell you for sure if it was working, as the DRO doesn't show anything. Also, had to restart Mach when unslaving before it would jog as well.

Have you rebooted the PC?

yup did all that also, set the lesser than and greater than keys for the a axis, without being connecter to controllor, it seemed to move (dro's) but when connected nothing.

yes rebooted several times.

it has got me stumped.

joe

Can some one help?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Slave A & X problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 05:04:36 PM »
Hi, Joe

Did you set the Port to 1 for your A axis, Step Port, Dir. Port  in Config, Port's and Pin's Motor output's.

Under Config, Slave Axis, set A axis to X then OK.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »
also post your XMl and weel will see where the problem is :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:58:02 AM »
Hi,

I have also a problem with slaving as it is first time for the new machine I just built with two racks & pinions on axis X. I have cloned a profile of 3 axis machine which is working great. On the clone I added a new axis A with port, step, dir and slaved at X, and rotating unchecked. I restart and tuned the same X and A axis. The machine is working great on jog, but when I open any Gcode file (i.e. any old file which I have used on 3 axis machine, and it worked) the display is showing a lot of circles the machine is trying to cut and also it stops for tool changing. After reset is says it initializes the tool change macro. I did no do other change to the clone. After I "change the tool" it works but is stopping without reason in the middle of cutting. As I said I used the clone of a working profile and just added the slave axis, no other change. If I close the slave axis profile and open the original 3 axis profile, the same file opens correctly without those circles and without tool change request and without any initialization after reset, and it works OK. Please, help me understand what I did not do or what I can do.

Thanks.

Zoltan
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 06:22:55 AM »
post the XML please

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »
Hi,

This is the file.

Thank you.

Zoltan

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »
Hi Zoltan

I took a look at your XML file, The only thing I see is your X axis is set in Motor tuning, To X 44, 12000, 500 and A is 2000, 120, 4.

I think A is set to default settings, Probably whats Wrong.

I've never used pin 1 for motor output, I Think it was used for printer strobe, Just shied away from it, It may be fine though.

Most use X- 3, 2, Y- 5, 4, Z- 7, 6, A- 9, 8.

Try this XML,

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:01:38 PM by afn09556 »
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:06:03 AM »
You need to have all the same settings for the A as the X axis. That should get you fixed :)

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 06:04:07 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for help. I discovered the problem. First of all, those circles came from the fact that in General config the IJ Mode was on Inc. I checked on Absolute and the circles disappeared. The problem with stops and no running of file came from the fact that backlash was enabled. It seems that backlash is not working on slave setup, or on other words if it is enabled it makes impossible to run a file in slave mode. I fix these two issues and now Mach3 is working OK in the slave mode.

Zoltan