Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:13:17 PM

Author Topic: Z axis issue  (Read 5080 times)

Z axis issue
« on: March 12, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »
I finished my PCB mill today and while testing the mill on a simple pcb generated with EagleCad and using pcb-gcode
I ran into a Z axis problem.
Watching the gcode run the Z axis is commanded to go up .100 (Z0.100) from zero set point..it goes down and when commanded
to go down .007 (Z-0.007) it goes up from the zero set point.
Ok..so using the jog feature I could see that Z+ it went down and Z- it went up so in the configure window I changed the direction
and retested with the jog feature..this time Z+ it went up and Z- it went down..all fixed, not really it did the same when running
the gcode.
I guess my question is since I am using the demo version only is this something that will work correctly when i purchase a license?
Or is there something I have overlooked in setting up the Z axis? The X and Y axis are working ok..
Thanks,
Bruce
Re: Z axis issue
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »
Where di you change it ?
Homing/Limits or Ports and Pins active state of Dir pin ?
One or the other should work for ya.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
oh, meant to say....it's not the license.
Here is pics
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »
Changed it in Ports and Pins..I tried Homing/Limits too..If I did it to both that would just put me back at the start.(?)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:18:29 PM »
yup, that's why I said "One or the other...."
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »
Put the home/limits back to default and left ports/pins dir reveresed...works fine now
and thanks for the help.
Now i just have to figure why I am getting multiple runs on cutting pads and traces..should only do that once I thought.
Again thnaks for the help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »
If you are getting multiple passes then it will be your code that is telling Mach to do it.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
Multiple passes could be from "Depth per pass" compared to "Total Depth", or possibly the "Width of cut" compared to "cutter width" each of which would create additional passes.
Look closely to see if both passes are identical, or slightly different.
If they are exactly the same, it might be a duplicate overlapping drawing.